Apparently, there is some concern about this at one school.

Cleveland.com reports.

Pedophiles should not be allowed to mix with minors on college campus: Angela Wolfe, Tri-C student newspaper editor

Literally, as I type this article, blossoming teenage girls and budding teenage boys are schoolmates with adult registered sex offenders who have failed to report Tri-C as their school. Many have stipulations that prohibit unsupervised contact with minors.

Now, as mandated by Tri-C’s open access policy, and its collaboration with the Cleveland Metropolitan School District through various programs such as PSEOP, the High-Tech Academy and Gateway to College, the two students are able to sit next to each other, communicate with one another, participate in extracurricular activities together and interact in a social setting. They are now intermingling as classmates in a child-to-adult relationship — all unsupervised. Unbeknownst to the children, faculty, campus security and administrators, pedophiles are mingling with minors.

This laissez-faire approach of Tri-C fosters an unsafe environment that has resulted in predatory behavior on occasions. With documented cases of sex offenders violating their parole, unwarranted sexual advances, and most terrifying of all, reported cases of alleged kidnap and rape on campus of minors, it begs the question, if Tri-C has the power of autonomy to implement a policy to protect these children-why hasn’t the school done so?

0 

0