Plan on pursuing journalism? Maybe you should attend Cornell or one of these other top rated schools.

University Herald reports.

Cornell University Has The Best College Newspaper In The Nation

Aspiring journalists and writers may want to consider attending Cornell University as it has topped The Princeton Review’s “Best College Newspaper” list.

The Princeton Review recently ranked colleges based on reviews from 136,000 students at 380 top colleges. Students were asked to rate their schools on dozens of topics and report on their campus experiences. The rankings revealed that Cornell University’s Cornell Daily Sun has the best student newspaper.

In addition to displaying the strength of its writing program, a college’s school newspaper can reveal a lot a lot about its campus culture and student involvement. Student publications with diligent reporting can give current and prospective students realistic insight into a school’s community.

The Ivy League also ranked highly in eight other categories including “Best Campus Food” and “Best Alumni Network.”

“Our 62 ranking lists provide students with a way to see the types of colleges that could help them achieve their future goals and dreams,” Robert Franek, Princeton Review’s senior vice president-publisher, said in a statement. “Every college in our book has outstanding academics. While our purpose is not to crown one college academically ‘best’ overall or to rank the schools 1 to 380 on any single topic, our lists provide direct student feedback on the schools’ campus culture, program offerings and cost. Our goal is to help applicants choose and get into their dream college — the college best for them.”

0 

0