I posted about this when it first came out: Dartmouth Frat Boy Confessions (Warning: Graphic).

Now Dartmouth, The Dartmouth (student newspaper), and Dartmouth students are coming out against Andrew Lohse and his so-called confessions, saying they are untrue. Either Lohse pulled a fast one to make a quick buck, or Dartmouth has something to hide and is really trying to silence this guy (kind of late).

Peter Jacobs of Business Insider has the story:

Dartmouth Student Newspaper Slams Book About Fraternity Hazing

Former Dartmouth College student Andrew Lohse’s purported fraternity hazing tell-all “Confessions of an Ivy League Frat Boy: A Memoir” was released this week, and is getting slammed with bad reviews — including a particularly critical one in The Dartmouth, the school’s student newspaper.
The Dartmouth’s review paints “Confessions of an Ivy League Frat Boy” as a pointless rehash of Lohse’s college experience, wherein the former Sigma Alpha Epsilon brother repeats tales of hazing so ridiculous they almost force you not to believe them.

As The Dartmouth’s reviewer writes, “Even if his allegations are true, towing readers through this slogfest feels like an act of hazing itself … I came to resent Lohse both for his senseless participation in these heinous situations and for the way he put me through them.”

Lohse first gained notice in 2012, when a column of his in The Dartmouth chronicled the hazing he reportedly went through as an SAE pledge — and later participated in as a brother. Among the most disturbing details included “a kiddie pool full of vomit, urine, fecal matter, semen and rotten food products” that pledges were forced to swim through, and the pledges’ collected demotion to “whale sh*t” in the eyes of the SAE brothers.

In “Confessions of an Ivy League Frat Boy,” The Dartmouth’s review states, “Lohse expands the saga by over 300 pages, filling the gaps with redundant tales of basements, abuse and self-pity.”

0 

0