You have to wonder who looked at the Princeton human resources website and signed off on this. Whether or not you agree with the outrage, you had to know it was coming.

The College Fix reports.

After Complaints, Princeton Removes Its ‘Racist Stereotypes’

After complaints, Princeton University recently removed a 4-year-old human resources job listings webpage that aimed to show a celebration of diversity, but instead prompted the latest higher education-based microaggression accusation.

The webpage in question showed a picture of a smiling black woman above open administrative and support staff positions, an Asian man next to faculty and academic openings, and a white man above a link to Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory researcher positions, The Daily Princetonian reports.

The webpage was removed after people complained the pictures color-coded employment opportunities and perpetuated racist stereotypes, the newspaper reports.

“When this matter was brought to our attention, we realized that [the photos] may be interpreted differently, so we removed them,” University Spokesperson Martin Mbugua told the campus newspaper, adding the webpage was 4-years-old. “The photos were not meant to categorize any individuals in a particular way. … We value diversity in our work force, and we want everyone to feel welcome, engaged and valued at Princeton.”

0 

0