The eyes of interested citizens across the country are on Tampa today, as Mitt Romney formally becomes the official Republican Presidential candidate.

The Oracle, the University of South Florida’s student newspaper, shows that College Republicans are truly excited about this stage of the election process. Shockingly, there seems to be no evidence of A GOP “War on Women“.

One of the first events the College Republicans attended is Lashing Back at Backlash, which was held yesterday (Sunday). Kristin Bradstreet, a senior majoring in political science and chair of the College Republicans, said this event is geared toward young, conservative women. She said she identifies herself as a conservative because of her beliefs in the “simple ideas of smaller government and individual responsibility.”

“We’re really excited because one of the panelists is Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch of Wisconsin,” Bradstreet said. “This summer there was a recall election Wisconsin, but Gov. Walker and Lt. Gov. Kleefisch both retained their governor and lieutenant governorship.”

The College Republicans also will get a chance to volunteer for Florida and Pennsylvania delegate parties, which will take place on Monday and Wednesday.

0 

0