The University of California Regents must be some math whizzes.

Last month California Gov. Jerry Brown (D) signed a budget allotting $106 million less to the state public school system than was requested. The Regents then held a meeting last Wednesday to discuss the “funding shortfall” only to vote themselves 3% salary increases the following day.

According to Regent George Kieffer, the total amount of salary increases comes to about $312,000, which fortunately means one less Hillary Clinton campus speech.

Katherine Timpf of Campus Reform has the story:

U California Regents vote to pay executives more one day after discussing ‘funding shortfall

The University of California Regents discussed what the school system is calling a “funding shortfall” at a meeting on Wednesday—then voted to give top university executives a salary increase one day later.

The meeting was the first public discussion of UC funding since Gov. Jerry Brown (D) signed the state budget last month, which gave the system approximately $106 million less than it had requested, according to an article published in The Sacramento Bee.

The employees receiving the raises will include chancellors and chief executive officers.

On Thursday, the Regents voted for a 3 percent salary increase for the UC system’s top executives.

Chancellor Nicholas Dirks, for example, will see his annual salary grow from $486,800 to $501,404, according to an article published in The Daily Californian, UC – Berkeley’s official student newspaper.

0 

0