Never let it be said that progressives aren’t creative in demeaning traditional Americana.

PLAY-DOH is a American childhood staple that has been entertaining kids and making home messes for years. Timothy Dionisopoulos of Campus Reform files this report about the use of this fun modeling compound in a Florida university workshop.

Staff at a public school in Florida apparently led a sex workshop last month in which students were instructed on how to sculpt replica genitals out of Play-doh.

The workshop, which was non-academic, was hosted by the University of Central Florida (UCF).

The event called, “Finals? That blows,” also featured a condom hunt and a speech from a sex expert from a local adult toy store called “Fairvilla.”

The advertisements for the event, sent out on April 16, featured an animated condom with wording full of graphic innuendo. For example, the email invited students to study “LONG and HARD” and invited them to “COME to the sex program.”

Following inquiries from the Knight News, the student publication that first reported on the workshop, school administrators sought to distance themselves from the advertisement.

In a statement, UFC Spokesman Chad Binette, said the language used to promote the event reflected a “lack of judgement.”

“This event and the email promoting it clearly demonstrate a lack of judgment,” he said. “Housing and Residence Life will be reviewing its approval process for events and event promotions.

…Nikki, an employee of the local adult store, Fairvilla, told Campus Reform that the the April event at UCF represented nothing new.

“We do events for actual accredited classes like their human sexuality psychology courses and sometimes we do presentations for clubs… frequently sometimes we do presentations for any of the on-campus housing and also off-campus housing,” said Nikki, who declined to give her last name for reason of privacy. “Sometimes we co-op presentations with the on-campus Planned Parenthood groups.”

Nikki told Campus Reform events range from small groups to hundreds of students.

“We had a great turnout for that one,” she said, speaking of the Play-Doh workshop. “Planned Parenthood was also there to answer questions regarding safe sex and birth control and all that kind of information too.”

0 

0