If there’s one thing socialists understand it’s the politics of resentment.

The Daily Caller reports.

Campus Socialists Are Struggling Because ‘Comfortable’ Students Are ‘Living A Good Life,’ You Guys

The tiny, utterly pointless chapter of the International Youth and Students for Social Equality at California Polytechnic State University is a microcosm of the embarrassing futility America’s socialists face as they promote their untenable revolution and the oddly unpleasant utopia which would result.

The president of the revolutionary, capitalism-hating group on the taxpayer-funded Cal Poly campus is Will Osselburn, reports Mustang News, the school newspaper.

Osselburn, a sophomore from New Jersey majoring in anthropology and geography, started the club during his freshman year.

The club is seriously struggling, Osselburn admits. He blames bourgeois apathy.

“I think it’s because there’s an extremely large middle class and wealthy contingency here,” the leader of the Cal Poly vanguard told Mustang News. “And while a socialist program would be in their interest, the fact of the matter is they’re comfortable. They’re living a good life. They’re materially and socially tied in to the existing mode of production, and a revolution — which is what we’re advocating for — more or less threatens their comfortable life situation.”
The socialist club has at least two other members: Christian Kelleher, a civil engineering major, and Lorenzo Nericcio, a philosophy major.

0 

0