If this student was a liberal this would probably be a national news story.

Campus Reform reports.

USC senator escapes impeachment, but loses stipend for being conservative

The University of Southern California student senate has decided to allow one of their colleagues to remain in office, but is confiscating the remainder of his stipend as punishment for expressing his conservative political views in public.

“After hearing the truth about the false charges brought up against [me] by Diana Jimenez, my fellow senators decided to vote against my impeachment,” Jacob Ellenhorn told Campus Reform in a statement. “That said, while they have voted against removing me from office, they have decided to still punish me for my political views, and for exercising my First Amendment right to speak with members of the press. As part of this official punishment the last $250 installment of my $2 thousand stipend will be withheld.”

The Senate agreed with each of the three allegations against Ellenhorn—including two related to his affiliation with Campus Reform and his role in bringing Milo Yiannopoulos to campus as a member of College Republicans—but nonetheless declined to remove him from office, perhaps in order to disguise the politically motivated nature of the proceedings, as one student suggested in a letter to the school newspaper this week.

The first charge asserted that Ellenhorn had not behaved with sufficient alacrity in arranging meetings between the Senate Program Board and three Jewish students who had accused the head of the Women’s Assembly of student groups at USC of deliberately excluding Jewish speakers from a non-partisan event on campus.”

Ellenhorn previously described that particular claim as “full of crap,” saying his accusers failed to reveal that the victims in that scenario had declined to pursue the matter for fear of retaliation by unsympathetic senators.

0 

0