The student who wrote the piece in question may regret saying these things someday.

Campus Reform reports.

Student newspaper ‘crass rant’: ‘There are too many babies’

A blurb in Eastern Michigan University’s student publication claimed that there are too many pregnancies and made fun of parents.

“There are too many babies happening,” the post reads. “Why are you proud of throwing the rest of your life away? Will you still be gloating about your baby when it’s smearing its poop all over your new TV? I’ll be laughing with a glass of wine on a boat because I can literally do whatever I want, FOREVER!”

The short editorial appeared under the “Crass Rant #UHHHHH” headline on the comics section of the Eastern Echo Newspaper, EMU’s student newspaper. Christine “Crass” Deneweth is the comics editor, according to the Echo’s website.

Katie Perrotta, a junior communication major at EMU, told Campus Reform in an interview Tuesday afternoon that she shocked to see the blurb when she picked up the newspaper.

“Seeing that this morning was kind of shocking,” Perrotta said. “I was very stunned at how insensitive it was or how close-minded it was to the big picture of what children are all about.”

Perrotta, who is the president of the Eastern Michigan Students for Life chapter, said that the Crass Rant in the biweekly publication is nothing new. She said that in the past the one-sided rant has been about equality in pay for women and decrying the lack of parking on campus.

0 

0