Can you guess what happened next?

Peter Jacobs of Business Insider reports.

Stanford Student Says He Was Sexually Assaulted By A Female Student

A male Stanford University student says he initially wasn’t believed when he told a sexual assault counselor that a female student had sexually assaulted him, he writes in a recent op-ed article in student newspaper The Stanford Daily.

Senior Justin Brown says that in October 2013 a female student sexually assaulted him after a drunken encounter at a party on campus. While Brown writes that sexual contact with the female student was initially welcome, including her putting her hand down his pants while they made out, he knew he “didn’t want to end the night in her bed” and decided to help her back to her room because she was drunk.

Brown writes that he “felt stuck” while walking the female student home, as they repeatedly stopped to make out…

Brown went along with the advances, he writes, believing he “had only one option” if he wanted to ensure that the drunk female student got back to her room safely. He went back to his own room, confused:

I don’t fault her for my change of heart; I fault her for not listening to my clear “no” several times after I made my final decision. Was the situation handled perfectly? No. I was confused, horny and intoxicated. I wasn’t properly educated to even understand that this experience would qualify as sexual assault. But even with all of these things in play, the fact of the matter is that my “no” was not respected. Sure, she didn’t use force, but what was I supposed to do?

Almost a year after the alleged assault, Brown wanted to get some advice about what had happened to him. Not getting immediate help from Stanford’s sexual-assault counselors, he said, Brown was referred by the university to the local YWCA Sexual Assault Center.

As Brown writes, he was “flabbergasted” by the hotline’s initial response. He said the female staff member told him, “You could have just left her … If I were a man in your shoes, I would have definitely called 911.”

Brown writes: “It was incredibly frustrating that an organization known for warning against victim-blaming in the case of women had no problem jumping straight to this tactic against a male victim when the tables were turned.”

0 

0