I agree with what Greg McNeilly of the Detroit News is saying here but I don’t think Democrats will ever do it.

McNeilly: Dems need to condem professor for ‘hate’

There’s an epidemic of intolerance at Michigan’s public universities.

The University of Michigan made all the wrong national headlines last week after Professor Susan Douglas, chair of the Department of Communication Studies, published an exhaustive column titled “It’s Okay to Hate Republicans.”

Douglas, arguably the school’s most important communicator, spent her published space lambasting Republicans—many of them by name—for their political ideology. She not only gave her students permission to hate others on campus, she encouraged them to do so.

One has to wonder if a few students at the university obtained an advance copy of her manifesto after several were caught on camera vandalizing the dorm room door of a conservative, Muslim student named Omar Mahmood, who had recently had a work of satire published in the university’s conservative school newspaper.

His classmates left crude, expletive-laden and demeaning notes posted to his door, egged his property and left hot dogs around the door’s entrance.

Police are investigating the incident and have classified it as intimidation and stalking.

Given the tone of Professor Douglas’s discourse, they could reasonably investigate the intimidation charges as acts of hate as well.

0 

0