Imagine if this student was a conservative and he was talking about the Tea Party.

Jeff Dunetz of Truth Revolt reported.

CUNY Newpaper Editor Defends Call For Violent Protests

Editor-in-chief of the City Univeristy of New York (CUNY) graduate school student paper Gordon Barnes defended his call for violent protests in response to the deaths of Michael Brown and Eric Garner, both killed while resisting police arrest. “I advocate a social revolution,” Barnes told the NY Post, “One in which people are equal, have equal access and equal means. History tells us violence would be necessary for there to be substantial and lasting social change.”

As reported by TruthRevolt on Wednesday, Barnes wrote a Dec. 3 editorial in CUNY’s graduate student newspaper The Advocate calling for violent protests in New York City, writing, “the acts of looting, destruction of property, and violence directed towards state representatives is not only warranted, it is necessary.”

Asked by the NY Post if he reconsidered his call for violence in the wake of the execution of two NYC police officers the previous Saturday, Mr. Barnes was defiant:

“I still stand by what I said. I endorse an individual’s right to self-defense, even if it’s against a police officer — by any means necessary,” Gordon Barnes told The Post.

Cops, he suggested, deserve anything they get because of what he called their aggressive tactics to control the protesters who’ve clogged streets in the weeks since a Staten Island grand jury declined to indict an NYPD cop in the death of Eric Garner.

0 

0