Well this story doesn’t have multiple lawsuits written all over it or anything.

Yeesh.

Chelsia Rose Marcius and Sasha Goldstein of the New York Daily News report.

Lists of alleged Columbia University ‘rapists’ scrawled on bathroom walls across campus

Vigilantes at Columbia University have scribbled the names of alleged “rapists” in building bathrooms across the Upper West Side campus as the prestigious Ivy League institution battles complaints that authorities have not properly investigated or prevented student sex assaults.

The list of four men were written on stall walls under the heading “sexual assault violators on campus” or “rapists on campus” in bathrooms in Lerner and Hamilton Halls. Printed fliers with the same names and the addendum “found ‘responsible’ by the university” or in one case, “serial rapist,” were distributed in a Butler Library bathroom, campus newspaper Columbia Daily Spectator and the Columbia Lion blog reported.

“I think it’s good these fliers came out,” senior Anna N., 24, told the Daily News on Thursday. “People have to know what’s going on.”

The first list was found May 7, prompting a statement from the university the following day.

“We were alerted to bathroom graffiti in Hamilton Hall, and public safety investigated,” a spokesman wrote to the Daily News. “Graffiti is routinely removed by facilities staff.”

Several more, similar lists have popped up around campus in the intervening week. And students say the sexual assault problem is nothing new – and that Columbia has done little to stop it.

“It doesn’t surprise me that the school’s first priority is their reputation,” Leah P., a 21-year-old junior told the News. “Most people on campus know someone who has heard of somebody getting raped.”

0 

0