Campus Reform is covering the aftermath of a student protest, which is featured in this video that is directed at perspective students:

The video, which was published by a new Dartmouth school group calling itself “#realtalk,” is set to a 1964 Ella Baker song which evokes a time when “killing of Black men, Black mothers’ sons Is as important as the killing of White men, White mothers’ sons.”

Each person appearing in the video holds up handwritten charging “Dartmouth” of sexism, racism, capitalism, and other offenses.

“At Dartmouth we are divided and conquerable.”

“I FEEL OUT OF PLACE ALL THE TIME BECAUSE I DON’T HAVE MUCH MONEY.”

“I WAS CALLED FAG IN MY FRESHMAN DORM.”

“Dartmouth supports violence against Queer students.”

The video was released in conjunction with a student protest, during which a student-group stormed an official admissions event shouting that the Ivy League school has a major problem with underreported sexism, sexual assaults, and racism. This lead administrators to cancel classes.

Immediate reaction from students on twitter seemed to be shock that protest which included only a handful of students would result in cancellation of all graduate and undergraduate classes.

“Hurricanes, blizzards?” tweeted @chrstiechrsdays who has a photo of Dartmouth in her Twitter profile. “No big deal…but one protest cancels a whole day of classes?” Tweeted one student. “Okay you’re right Dartmouth, that totally makes sense.”

classes being cancelled to teach assholes how to not be total dipshits,” wrote @etclove who includes Dartmouth in her description. “OKAY WHATEVER #DARTMOUTH”

An official student publication, The Dartmouth, reported that administrators came to the decision after more than 20 administrators and faculty met with protesters on Tuesday morning.

0 

0