Even in the liberal city of Boston, there are college students who favor life over abortion. Not that you’d know it by watching the nightly news.

Margaret Waterman of Boston University’s independent student newspaper The Daily Free Press reports.

Pro-life student group protests abortion with silence

Members of Boston University’s Right to Life student group gathered at Marsh Plaza Tuesday bearing signs in protest of abortion.

The group’s intention was to honor lives lost to abortion since 1973’s U.S. Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade by participating in a day of silence, said Right to Life President Brad Agostinelli.

“We want to stand for life and truth on our campus,” Agostinelli, a College of Arts and Sciences senior, said. “Get the word out there, get people thinking ‘is abortion actually permissible?’ A lot of times people just write it off because they know it’s an inflammatory issue, but they don’t really think about it.”

Ten demonstrators carried signs with statistics about abortion and pregnancy among college students and children. The protesters wore red duct tape over their mouths, emblazoned with the word “life.”

Agostinelli said the tape symbolized the lack of voice children have.

“As much as we want to do what we think is best, they [children] don’t have the choice to choose life for themselves,” he said. “This is in solidarity with all the children who have been silenced due to, specifically, the legalization of abortion in the U.S.”

Olivia Haywood, a CAS junior who passed teh demonstration, said it was interesting Right to Life chose to voice its opinion by being silent.

0 

0